for Further Research
Music Therapy quantitative and qualitative research is the focus of the two peer-reviewed journals from the Oxford Journals
Journal of Music Therapy
and Music Therapy Perspectives
. Articles from JMT
- Active music therapy in the treatment of multiple sclerosis patients: a matched control study
- Music therapy assessment for children with developmental disabilities: a survey study
- Assessment of use of music by patients participating in cardiac rehabilitation.
- Effects of Group Music Therapy on Quality of Life, Affect, and Participation in People with Varying Levels of Dementia
- The Effect of Music on Decreasing Arousal Due to Stress: A Meta-Analysis
- Mozart versus new age music: relaxation states, stress, and ABC relaxation theory.
- The Impact of Group Singing on Mood, Coping, and Perceived Pain in Chronic Pain Patients Attending a Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic
- Effect of music therapy on the anxiety levels and sleep patterns of abused women in shelters
- A Comparison of Songwriting and Lyric Analysis Techniques to Evoke Emotional Change in a Single Session with People Who are Chemically Dependent
- The Effect of Gender on One-Day-Old Infants' Behavior and Heart Rate Responses to Music Decibel Level
- The Effects of Music Therapy on the Quality and Length of Life of People Diagnosed with Terminal Cancer
- The Influence of Music on the Symptoms of Psychosis: A Meta-Analysis
- Relating Improvisational Music Therapy with Severely and Multiply Disabled Children to Communication Development
- A Survey of Music Therapy Methods and Their Role in the Treatment of Early Elementary School Children with ADHD
Music Therapy research also appears in many other peer-reviewed journals, including those devoted to neuroscience, nursing, developmental disabilities, and psychotherapy.
is a great place to start a search.
Our links do not imply endorsement of any site, but we think you'll find most of them helpful and informative. Please let us know about broken links or problems with any site by clicking on the e-mail notice at the bottom of any of our pages. Thanks!
- largest publisher of books on autism
The Alliance for Technology Access
The Waisman Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "A Global Community of Disability-Related Resources."
Caroline Bowen's Speech Language Pathology Page
Exceptional Parent Magazine
Nat'l Organization for Rare Disorders